Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carb ?????

Glacier

I have a 3415 with original 15hp briggs, the carb is a big mess. Someone tried to remove the lower needle and stripped out the brass screw. Is this a oddball carb ? Never see any for sale, everthing but. Or will a carb from a different, say 12 or 16hp work ?? Model no. 325431 - 0126 -01 Thanks

The carb from any 10-16 HP engine should work... The intakes were different lengths on some tractors, but the carbs were the same, as far as I know...

I agree with what Kent said. I am currently running a carb from a 7 Hp on my 10 Hp B/S engine, and a carb from a B10 engine on my 13 Hp B/S. The carbs are smaller than what was installed at the factory, but the engines perform great. If you change to a different carb, you will probably need the air cleaner that came with the carb because the mounting is unique to the carb. You may also have to make a different length governor link, if the intake is a different length. I have made these pieces on mine.

One other thing to look at is if the inlet tube below the air filter has the hole for the breather(later engines) or is solid(earlier engines w/seperate breather) and get one that matches your needs.

Smaller carbs. will work, as all as you can bolt them to what ever motor you are putting them on. But the rich and lean mixture needle is what determines the amount of gas going to the motor to make it run, on the 10HP motor it may ownly be 1 1/2 turn for a 16HP it maybe 2 or 2 1/2 turn to gave the motor more gas. Ken