Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Supposed to be green....

goatfarmer

...since the ad said"Deutz Allis 16HP".But after driving an hour and a half,came home with an AGCO Allis instead.Has a 16HP Vanguard that dropped a valve,and pretty much destroyed the motor.Also a 48" deck. Don't know if I'm going to fix it,or part it.

Looks in pretty good shape from what's visable in the pic - maybe too good to part out. Wish you good luck with it regardless of its fate.

Kenny I like it...! If I were you Id look for a Briggs 16 or 18hp twin... Id think that it would drop right in. And a 48" deck? Nice find!

I've got the same tractor but '92 in a Broadmoor. Those vanguards are really touchy on the valves. I just did another valve job this summer, and have a spare engine laying in wait for it.

I have this tractor with a trashed Vanguard,and I bought a Broadmoor last year,that also had a trashed Vanguard 12.5HP(threw a rod).According to both previous owners,they both were serviced reguarly,and weren't being worked hard,when they let go.Maybe a coincidence,I don't know. I may try to fit an I/C to this one.One problem is having to come up with a fuel pump,since the tank is under the seat. Matt,I'm not sure about the replaceable filter,I'll have to look.

Mr Goat, fuel pump should be easy, as in a stand alone vacuum pump or a Napa electric pump. IC's should be easy to get such as Murray's where or MTD's where the engine outlasts the mower. A 12 HP if nothing else would handle that frame just right.