Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It's not orange or yellow...

Simplicity314

Found an IH plow at the dump (wife LOVES when I come home with stuff!)...just had a broken spring and a missing foot. I tried to post photos, but after resizing 3 times and still too large to upload, I gave up. You all know what they look like!

Jim, do you have photo shop on your comput? If so, go to image on top bar, about half way down is image size, click on it and give you the size in pixels or inches. I use pixels because I know pics here need to be down to 640 x 480 or something close to that, then when you 'save as' it'll show you the kb's and you can adjust it to just under 100.

My Parents don't mind it to a point. As long as it's kept neat and tidy everythings good. Glad you posted some pics of your plow, cause I have been trying to figure out what kind mine is and now I know it's not an IH like I originally thought.

Tell her I said you got a heck of a deal. I'm sure it will be ok then. Just speculating, or do you have it planed to go on something?

Nick: I didn't know what kind it was either until I saw one just like it on ebay. Look around, you'll figure it out. Comet...I'll probably repair it and sell it or sell it as-is if the parts are too much. Haven't looked into it yet. I think it's too heavy for non-hydro outfits. A 4040 or equivelant could probably handle it, but I don't own one--yet :)

That things a little light duty for a powermax. A few mounds of dirt and it would look like a skid.lol But don't get me wrong. Anything free is allways good. It just means you got something to sell to get more goodies you want.:)

That's what I was thinking dave! It might be light duty for a powermax, but it seems too heavy for the garden tractors, unless it had hydro. I don't know, just basing it on "eyeballing" it.

• 2 weeks later...