Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Love that orange color

HammockJA

This begins with a trip to the salvage yard were I found the broadmoor (demonstrator) and the 3112V. Had to have them, paid too much and brought them home. The Broadmoor turns out is in excellent shape, original tires etc. last used in 75 or 76. Will make for a very stylish classic to cut grass with. The 3112V is missing a few parts as you can see. It went in for repair in the late 70's and never came out. The gas tank was found to be rusted out and never repaired. Motor is soild, needs hood, tank, ignition switch, tires, seat and paint. Having spent to much on the Broadmoor and 3112V, I set about to find a running tractor I could cut grass with. I bought the 3416H with blade from a real good fellow named Ben in Alton Il. The tractor had three owners and they all lived on the same block. The motor needs a rebuild and muffler. So sixty days in I'm looking for garage space and have meet a some real good follows along the way. GREAT FUN!

YEP.....John....looks like you've caught it...[:0][:0] So far there is no known cure..:( The only thing I can suggest, is to continue to treat the symptoms:D:D:D And keep the pictures coming, they look great!!

Nice collection, you're off to a heck of a start! I don't know why, but it seems most of the early Broadmoors I see are missing the grille. Is it possible some came that why new?

Great start. Looks like you gonna have to start building that extra shed soon.lol It still feels good to bring stuff home knowing you saved it from sure ditruction. Feels even better when you fire it up the first time.

Had to read this post with a title like that. Three in sixty days tells me your well on your way to having more and more and more. Be careful they have a way of following you home and you'll soon be seeing orange all around your house, near the bushes, beside the picknick table, under the trees, next to the grill..... That is of course after you fill up all those empty spaces in your garage. Thanks for the post/pictures.

• 1 month later...
You're getting a quick start. I bought my first tractor 20 years ago, and now only have four. Nice tractors you have.

quote:
Originally posted by clyde
I don't know why, but it seems most of the early Broadmoors I see are missing the grille. Is it possible some came that why new?
Thats because in order to get to the spark plug you have to take the grille off...If you have one that fowls plugs you just leave them off,LOL I bought one that someone cut a 3-4 inch hole right in front of the plug...