Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hdrhdr

New Trailer and Choke Cable

hdrhdr
I spent a couple of evenings last week building a trailer that could be used around the house and so that my wife could ride in.

I spent about $70 for 2" sq tubing and an 1 7/8 ball hitch. The wheels, lumber and misc. nuts/bolts I had in the shop. The wheels are solid/filled so I don't have to worry about heavy loads or blow out. After I snapped these pics, I dissasembled it to get a coat of paint on the new metal.

From pictures I have seen on original 725's they had a choke lever. Mine did not have it so I fabricated one out of a rubber coated cable clamp and found an old throttle cable.

Since the engine is not original and the carb mounting bolts are on the back side of the carb, I had to make a bracket to hold the cable to the carb. If you look close the clamp on the cable is made from a small fender washer.

hdrhdr
MPH, I just used some small hinges I had in a box of junk(saved to use someday stuff) as most of us cannot throw anything away. I was going to make the hinges a little heavier duty but thought "Its just a cart" i am gong to make a spring loaded dump handle but wanted to get it done before Sunday so we could go to the woods with it. The weather has been strange. average temp in Indiana for Dec. should be 20-30deg. Yesterday it was mid 50's and today calling for 60 but a chance of snow this weekend.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by hdrhdr
You guys couhgt on to the beer can quick!! I thouht about mounting one on the tractor but vibrations tend to ruin it to fast.
If the vibrations are spoiling it, you're letting it sit too long.