Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found Broadmoor

tillerman

I was driving through town yesterday and spied an old broadmoor. I stopped to look it over. It looked to be complete with starter generator but no battery or air filter. The man was tryin to get it started as it had been setting for a long time . the tires looked good and the best I could tell it was made about '65. Steering was tight, but had newer round steerin wheel. I have never had an old broadmoor before as mine is a 94 model. I really enjoy my 917s and b-112. would this be worth $150 .

did you see that 707 on ebay for $300+ its missing the front grill and support, and has a huge hole in the hood "not the one for the gas filler" The paint is in very nice condition but $300??? Wonder what I could get for any of my 5??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66761&item=4341670511&rd=1 Elon

quote:
Originally posted by lndscpr
wow. i like the one i paid 25 dollars for better.
I know right! the seller must be very happy. I'm watching it to see how much it ends up going for. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by splinkman
so i guess i paid to much then
These little Broadmoors do go for not much $$, most of the time. I guess it all depends on the person. The most I payed for one is my first. 1976 5008 I payed $125 for just the tractor with a pull start 6hp. Elon

Jeff. if you are happy with it the price was OK. I once bought a 5008 with no attachments for 100.00, just to have around as a spare, ended up using it quite a bit. It now is my "tiller tractor". Also got a 707 that was original except for battery for 100.00. As I am happy with them the price was good....

my 25 dollar 707 is not running. seat was rusted out, motor needs work and one of the front wheels is the wrong size. it had no attachemnts but did have a hitch. other than that i was thrilled with the purchase because is is all original. is still sitting in my shed until i have time to work on it. the beauty of these broadmoors is that they don't take much space. i more recently paid 150 for a 728 that runs like a top and has all new belts and a nice deck and a newer motor and looks great. i just purchased a snowblower and hitch for it for 50 dollars. i just set this up and sold it to my friend for what i paid. just got another 728 yesterday. the person paid me 125 dollars and the 728. he got a nice old wheelhorse commando 6 that needs carb work and belts and an 8hp kohler that needs a lot of work. a pretty fair swap since the 728 needs a lot of work too. the broadmoors seem to be much more attainable than the landlords. i always keep my eyes open for both. but i am not sure what is more fun, finding the tractors or playing with them.

quote:
so i guess i paid to much then
Only you know if you paid too much.$250.00 for a tractor that you can get on and use immediately sounds pretty good to me.

I wanted to pay 200 but he wanted 250...so what model is mine then.. do the older ones have a distinction like the 707...i can't quite make out the serial#...my brother got a simplicity snow blower from him for 150, so i think he made up the difference one me...that thing was mint...I wanted the broadmore becouse it is small and doesn't take up much space in the garage

Jeff, it looks like your Broadmoor - 990288 - is just listed as a Boradmoor Deluxe. If you go to [url]www.simpletractors.com [/url] and take the 'Parts and Manuals' link, you can get to the Simplicity site for manuals for your tractor. The 'Engine Reference' is also handy for a quick reference to model numbers.

Does it look like this?

or does it look like this?

The top one is a 1966 707 the bottom is a 1964. the only difference is the lower side covers. The 707 was the first to get them. Also the 64 has a black dash, the 707 has a white one. Other than that they are the same. Hope this helps ya Elon

He He He I just noticed that I said the 707's have white dashes, and mine dosn't. lol Please keep in mind that my was painted red. They painted the dash red as well. Elon

Thanks for all the input fellows. I think I'll look around the place and see what I could trade.There is no question that its worth the price after hearing your comments. I have one allis 917 that I paid 1250 for and one I paid 50 for. To me they are both equal in value. They both run flawlessly and look good. If we keep this conversation going we might see a spike in the price of old broadmoors.

Well, I paid 300 for my Broadmoor equivalent B-208 about 3 years ago. It's a 1970, as best as I can figure, and I'm the second owner. It's not perfect, but in nice shape. But by buying it, I found this site. So that's been a great thing!