Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where to list items?

Hoss

I have a tractor I would like part out. What do fellow members feel is the best approach to sell these items? Should I list the items here on our site first or list on E-bay and have them put here anyway? I am not a "E-bay member" other than just surfing the ads, therefore I am favoring listing here only. What is the best suggestion?

Why not give club members here a chance first. I say try it here and if they don't sell them try Ebay. Good luck, look forward to seeing your ads.

The thing I like about ebay is that you either sell it within a week or you don't...I list stuff here and you get flooded with emails the first few days and then never here anything...I think they are waiting to get some extra cash...But with ebay you have a bigger market and the person looking either knows he will loose out on it or he better make a move...Also seems as though Ebay will bring more money than what you might get here...Thats just my experiance..I like to give the club memebrs a better chance and list here first on somethings if I am not in any kind of hurry to move the item...

quote:
Originally posted by BrownA
Why not give club members here a chance first. I say try it here and if they don't sell them try Ebay. Good luck, look forward to seeing your ads.
I agree I try to first offer things to the club members then Ebay...

Thanks for the advice. We all would like to sell things quickly and with the least amount of hassle yet find the best market and the best person for the item. Look for my parts in the classified soon to follow.

What tractor is it and is it restorable? Maybe someone will make you an offer on the whole thing. That would be the least of hassles--no multi-listings and no work tearing the thing down, and a tractor might be saved.

What I have is a 3112H, model# 990499 that got dropped off one day. It has a broken connecting rod, the body panels are really rough because it had fell off a trailer at 40 m.p.h. once in the past. The hood is missing front end is really beat up steering wheel bent and rear pan is bent it looks real rough. Far as I know the hydro is good, as well as the gear box.Mower deck looks good I think it is a 48". It would need a lot of parts and time to restore it. What would I ask for a going price for a tractor like this?