Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 7016

oots

hello everyone i have always been a simplicity fan for many years, i rebuild lawn and garden tractors. i am dissabled and found i have a lot of time on my hands. at the current time im going to put a electric lift system on my 7016 soverion. the engine blew 2 years ago and i replaced it with a 10 hp,it has all the power i need. i put a snow blade on it and it works real well,but i cant raise it up to good because of my disability, so thats why im going to put a electric lift on or hydraulic lift. well thats all i got to share retnow. oots:D

Welcome to the site Wendell. I vote you for hydr lift instead of electric. Still don't have an electric myself so my opinion is just based on personnel preference.

Welcome, Wendell nice to have you aboard. Do you actually get that much snow over there? Or do you use the blade for other stuff?

Welcome to the site Wendell. I do not have either type of lift at the moment, but am looking at building a hydraulic lift powered off the charge pump on the hydro tranny on either my 716H (Like yours is powered by a 10 Hp) or the 7116H that I am currently rebuilding, or maybe both. If your 7016 is a Shuttle or 6-speed, it would be easier to install the electric lift, because you will need to mount a pump for the hydrolift. PM me if there is anything I could help you with. I have an AC716H, AC713S, Simp 7116H, and 1961 Wards (Simp 700). I've also done quite a bit of designing, modifying, and fabricating parts for these machines.

Wendall I'd put an elec.life on it, it easyer to put on. I just put one on my AC 914. I also have the hydralic for it that is going to be a lot harder to install,with all the lines valve lift lever, cyclinder not to mention the stuff that goings in the hydro pump. My thought on the matter. Ken By the way what did you do with the old 16hp motor you placed, could it be rebuilt? send me an PM I may be interested in it.

My error; KY does not equal UK. Must have been late at night. Anyway, my dad's people are from around London, KY so I am familiar with the area.

:D
Thanks for all the feedback ya;ll, I like the concern that all ya'll have about everyones needs,and the advice that ya'll share. Makes an old country boy feel real proud to be associated with ya'll. and again thanks for the feedback.

Hey, I'd think you'd prefer the hydraulic lift. It is pretty easy to put on also. I have an electric lift on my 410S, and It's alright, but I like the hydraulic better. Can't beat the hydraulic lift on the 917.

Well fellow club members i purchaced a 12 volt electric lift for my 7016 on ebay for 64.00 plus shipping. When i get it installed i"ll send pic's

• 4 weeks later...
hello everyone im back doing ok considering whats happen during the holidays. well i got my lift in and it is to small for the job so i purchased a hyd pump and lines from a convertiable going to try it.

Seems like I just read a thread on this site about using power steering pump for this sort of application. They are not to big and i think would work just fine? Never done it but think I will try it sometime soon. ==== BTW does anyone know the plural of ya'll ?? Answer is down below. Dan Answer = All ya'll

Wendell, The factory length of the hydraulic cylinder is 8 inches when compressed, then a four inch stroke. That is what is used and attached to the cross brace on a 7116H. Your 7016 has the mounting holes, but no cross brace. If your cylinder is longer than 8 inches but less than 12 inches in length, then you can make a bracket that attaches to the BGB mounting bolts. It is going to be difficult to use a cylinder longer than 12 inches. I know about these fits because I am getting ready to install a hydrolift on my AC716H. I plan to power the lift from the charge pump on the hydrostatic tranny.

thank rod i got a convertible top pump and cylinders from ebay to install on my tractor the cylinders are short enough to install. i bought a hydraulic over electric pump and cylinder that came off a wheel chair lift but it isto big to mount on my tractor. it has to be mounted vertical i dont have enough room for the bulkey thing to mount and i dont want to make my tractor look ugly with a bunch of contraptions mounted on it. i want to make it look as original as possible. The convertible top motor is small enough to mont under the hood with lots of room left. Im going to take pictures as im installing it. c-ya