Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bring on the snow!!!

Wishin2BMowin

Well I got my hydro lift working on my 3212H by replaceing the "O" ring on the push/pull cylinder. I tried the hydro lift and not only did it lift the blower but when I put it down it lifted the whole front of the tractor off the ground! I did not know it would do that? Now I just have to put the cab together and figure out how it attaches to the tractor, then I'm ready for the snow! Does anyone know where I can get replacement skids for my 42 inch blower? The guy I got this tractor from said the hydro lift never worked for him and he just dragged the blower around and worn the skids out. Thanks and have a great holidays...

Congratulations! Put a tiller on it, and it'll lift the back end of the tractor off the ground also... and run away with you if the tiller's engaged and you're not careful -- or quick enough getting it latched in the float position.... IMO, this is the SINGLE most valuable add-on or implement for these little tractors. You can do some serious work with down-pressure front and rear... doesn't matter if you're using a dozer blade, rear blade, tiller, or whatever. Then, the real limitation to the amount of work you can do becomes the traction you can get to pull or push that implement... I have hydraulic lift on three different different tractors, with a spare setup that'll eventually end up on the loader tractor....

Thanks Kent, I do have a tiller and hope to give that a test run this spring. Also have a 48 inch mower deck that will cut my mowing time down as well. I have seen an ad for one of those "Johnny Buckets" are they any good? Will my hydro lift work one of these?

They'll lift between 200 - 225 lbs or so in a Johnny Bucket... Here's a "product review" I did on Serial #0001 of the Johnny Bucket Jrs for the Simp/Allis line... They're as handy as a wheelbarrow and a whole lot more fun! http://simpletractors.com/operation/johnny_bucket_jr_.htm