Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

System 5010 LTD

Bunky

Mowerman and I were out today and we stopped at one of those Green Dealers and out back with some auction tractors was a Sysytem 5010 LTD it's all orange except for the dash which is Black and it has a chrome Grill.. Are these rare??

The 5010 is a Broadmoor, 10 hp. The normal colors were white hood/dash and grill. Maybe the "LTD" was a special production run with fancy paint. I have never seen or heard of anything like this! Tom

I looked at a couple of 5010's last summer.These had a white hood and dash,as mentioned,with a black stripe that ran down the side of the hood,and it said "System 5010" or something in the stripe. It was hard to call these two parts tractors,and the guy wanted an outrageous price,so I passed.

Maybe the LTD was a special model or something, here's a 611LTD on e-bay that looks to have the same paint scheme. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4342738207&rd=1

I would bet that they are fairly rare. I've seen one on ebay before with the square headlights, don't remember the paint scheme.

Seems like Simplicity had 'The System' kick around the mid 80's. I know of a Systems 9020 PowrMax down by Anchorage and I've seen pictures of a couple other Systems series here on the site, maybe it was when cruising through SimpletrACtors 'whats new' listing.

Looks to have decent size tires on it too, and was equipped with the 42 inch deck. I've never seen the special edition "LTD" broadmoor.

I have seen several of the 5008 - 5010 tractors in the past but nothing with the black dash and chrome grille.. The 5008 - 5010 tractors had a little longer wheel base to mount a 42 inch mower deck...however the 5010 was the only one with the option for a 42in deck ( probably because of the increase HP) I belive they all had 20in rear tires instead of the earlier Broadmoors 18in. The one Kent linked to is like all the ones I have seen with the white hood/dash ect..The one we seen yesterday was all orange with a black dash and black decal on the hood (system 5010)..has a chrome grille and wheel covers and the square lights mounted on it like in the picture that Greg posted.. I may call and see what kind of deal I can make on this...maybe I will post some pictures of it if I can score a deal...

The "System" tractors were all from around 1974 to about 1976 - depends on how you view the Simplicity model year. There were System 5010 Broadmoors, and System 7016 Sovereigns etc.. They all had a white hood with large black decals that spelled out the "System". It was an advertising thing meant to show that each tractor had a variety of attachments to use, hence a "System" of machinery to work with. Tim

This mystery tractor MAY just be a 50th Anniversary Special... Jeff Nemes at one time had one for sale -- it was a Broadmoor with chrome rectangular headlights and some type of special seat. It MAY have also had a chrome grille and/or other trim, I can't remember....