Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
McGill

HB210 Blower on B110?

McGill
I'm trying to put the blower from a HB210 on my B110. Everything seems to be right, but I can't get the blower frame to snap up over the axle. Is there a difference between the B110 Snowblower frame and the HB 210 blower frame? It's all hooked up except the blower frame needs to lift up about 3/16 inch to hook on the axle.

Kent
Shouldn't be any difference between the two, as far as I know. I've used two different sizes/generations of snowblowers on three different FDTs, with no interchange problems... How freely does the hitch pivot on the blower body? If that's stiff or frozen, that might make it more difficult.

UCD
Try putting the hitch on the tractor first then connecting the blower to the hitch. I have had this problem before where I couldn't get the hitch on with the blower connected to it. But by putting the hitch on first it went ok.

PhanDad
I agree with Maynard. I've also had the problem of getting the hitch mounted with the snow thrower head attached. Everytime I've been able to mount the hitch after disconnecting the thrower head - and the head bolts up easy. I've never figured out exactly why it happens.