Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB210 Blower on B110?

McGill

I'm trying to put the blower from a HB210 on my B110. Everything seems to be right, but I can't get the blower frame to snap up over the axle. Is there a difference between the B110 Snowblower frame and the HB 210 blower frame? It's all hooked up except the blower frame needs to lift up about 3/16 inch to hook on the axle.

Interesting question. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, I don't even have my blower back yet, but I'm interested in the answer. Rob

Shouldn't be any difference between the two, as far as I know. I've used two different sizes/generations of snowblowers on three different FDTs, with no interchange problems... How freely does the hitch pivot on the blower body? If that's stiff or frozen, that might make it more difficult.

Try putting the hitch on the tractor first then connecting the blower to the hitch. I have had this problem before where I couldn't get the hitch on with the blower connected to it. But by putting the hitch on first it went ok.

I agree with Maynard. I've also had the problem of getting the hitch mounted with the snow thrower head attached. Everytime I've been able to mount the hitch after disconnecting the thrower head - and the head bolts up easy. I've never figured out exactly why it happens.