Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Nick

Late in the season for this type of question

RayS
If they are making a noise as you described I would probably change them. Away to check is to grab a hold of the blade and try to move the arborshaft from side to side if there is any movement they should be replaced. After a while the shafts will start to wear where they go thru the bearings and you will end up replacing the arborshafts as well. These mower decks are pretty quite if the bearings are in desent shape.

dhardin
Also check to see that the belts in good shape and are tight, them start it up and watch the belt that runs the three blades, if the belt shake and jump at a high speed thats a good sign its time for bearings.

D-17_Dave
Nick, I'd say if they make that much rackt that they need changeing. It doesn't look like they would take that much power, but after changeing mine the deck ran smoother, made much less noise, and seemed to pull better while in heavier grass. Like it had less friction in the deck. To me it's very little money for the benifit received.