Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

Santa came early

D-17_Dave
i don't know how he got this thing down the chimney, but I had a heck of a time getting out the back door and down to the shop. The wife is begining to woder what has happened to me since I got something that cranks and works when it came off the truck.:D

D-17_Dave
Roy, I don't know what it is for sure. I'm not a ford guy so all I know is it says Ford Industrial engine on the tag. I kinda figured it was a little bigger than 300ci. But i haven't had time to run any # or get any info from Onan on it.It don't have but 430hr's on it, and runs clean and good. It ain't pretty but I can fix that. The one thing that struck me odd was the distributer on the back side of the engine. That tells me it's got a little age on it.

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Is that an honest to gosh old Ford 292 Y-block????
From what I can see of that engine it is either a 256, 272, 292, or 312 Ford Y-Block, built some time between 1954 and the mid 1960s

D-17_Dave
Kirk, It's a 45kw unit. That's the kicker. I found it on Ebay and it was on my way to and from work in SC. So I didn't have to go out of my way to pick it up, that saved me I'd guese about 500 for shipping. Makes it a little tight hear before the holidays but I hate to pass up on such a deal. Bring on the bad weather. I'm ready now.