Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Santa came early

D-17_Dave

i don't know how he got this thing down the chimney, but I had a heck of a time getting out the back door and down to the shop. The wife is begining to woder what has happened to me since I got something that cranks and works when it came off the truck.:D

Roy, I don't know what it is for sure. I'm not a ford guy so all I know is it says Ford Industrial engine on the tag. I kinda figured it was a little bigger than 300ci. But i haven't had time to run any # or get any info from Onan on it.It don't have but 430hr's on it, and runs clean and good. It ain't pretty but I can fix that. The one thing that struck me odd was the distributer on the back side of the engine. That tells me it's got a little age on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Is that an honest to gosh old Ford 292 Y-block????
From what I can see of that engine it is either a 256, 272, 292, or 312 Ford Y-Block, built some time between 1954 and the mid 1960s

Kirk, It's a 45kw unit. That's the kicker. I found it on Ebay and it was on my way to and from work in SC. So I didn't have to go out of my way to pick it up, that saved me I'd guese about 500 for shipping. Makes it a little tight hear before the holidays but I hate to pass up on such a deal. Bring on the bad weather. I'm ready now.