Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Rim Width

RobS

I have a B210. I notice that in looking at pictures of numerous B210's there appear to be two different width's of the front rims/tires. I have the narrower ones, I think they are 4" wide. It does not appear there is much clearance for a wider rim/tire as there is maybe a half inch clearance on the inside to the front end? Is it the same offset but wider on the outer side - Are there different width rims and are they interchangeable??

Rob, Welcome to the club Yes there are at least two different widths of front rims for a B- 210, 4" and I think 6". The offset on the center of the wide rim is more so that it will clear the front axle. Hope this helps.

Rob, Typically the 10HP tractors came with the 4" wheels and the 12HP tractors came with the 6" wheels, though dealers may have swapped them out to satisfy a given customer... The narrow ones are the "correct original" wheels for the B-210, while the B-212 should have the wide ones... As Mike states, they'll interchange readily...

Here is a pic of mine. It has the narrow wheels. I agree with Kent. Most of the 10 HP had the narrow wheels. Take care,Matt

This sure is the right place - I joined back in April of 2000 at which time I restored my B210 and this site was the foundation of resources. I was inactive the last couple of years (busy having babies B)) so now I have re-joined. Unbelievable how the site has expanded. Very excited to be back.

Rob, Just checked out your 210 in the gallery, that is one sharp looking tractor, you should post some pics. of it over here in the club.

I plan to - I just purchased a set of rims from "Glacier" - once I get those setup with new sneakers I'll take some new pic's and upload them, hopefully by month's end or there about. Thanks for the kind words MDB