Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
RobS

36" Snowthrower on B210

RobS
I may be setting up a 36" Snowthrower on my B210. I'm looking for feed back from anyone with experience using this or a similar setup. I've used the 42" snow blade for the passed 4 years put there's only so much you can push.

MadMike
Rob, I also used to use a 42" Snow Blade and had the same problems, eventually there is no where left to push the snow, or if it drifts to much, you almost can't push it. I know a lot of people say to push it "way off of the drive the first few times and then you have room to work". In my opinion, the problem with this is you end up driving onto your grass early in the snow season, before the ground is frozen, and it tears the heck out of the lawn. I also found, no matter how I tried, I always ended picking up gravel from the drive and would then spend a month in early spring raking it back out of my grass. Snowblowers are great. The do not seem to pick up nearly as much gravel, you can blow all of the snow to the downwind side and will get less drifting later, and best of all, you never have to drive off of your drive to remove the snow. The only downside I have seen to the single stage Blowers is that they don't throw snow real far without a full auger, but far enough. Hope I didn't sound to opinionated. Oh, I have a 2012 and about 500' of gravel drive. Mike

goatfarmer
I have a 36" on my 2110.I also have a blade on a 712H.In the light fluffy snow,snowblower is the way to go. If the snow is the wet slushy stuff,then the blade does a better job. I've had the snowblower setup for about 3 years now,and haven't had any freezeup issues.