Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

any 717's out there?

simplicity707

I spyed an old AC Homesteader the other day sitting behind a garage/shop for cars. It has two friends, a snapper and an other old crafstman I beleive, didn't pay that much attention to it. The Homesteader has been sitting for 3-4 years and probably more. The motor is not stuck and does turn over by hand. It is for the most part complete, the seat was alright, and it had a deck. I have decided I'm gonna go and see what I can't get out of the guy. How much should I offer? It has four flat tires that the front right one is sunk into the ground. The hood and grill are both still there. As far as that, I'm sure what else could be wrong with it. It has a white? hood with an orange body? Am I correct? Now my question is, is their anybody out their with a complete 717 that they would not mind to trade for this Homesteader? I would get it running and fix it. At my job, I have been asked to mow it which is two big fields and I was looking for something that I could keep there. I would appreciate your help. BTW, I'm getting ready to send in my dues! Thanks, David

Why not just keep the Homesteader for your job? Its a very similar tractor to the 717, same width of cutting deck, and one more horsepower. It share the same pivoting frame design as the Broadmoor. I have one and used it to mow three acres for two years. It worked great.

I thought you already owned 2 Broadmoors and Yeoman? Why would you want to trade for another Broadmoor? If I were you I would keep the Homesteader.
quote:
Posted - 12/12/2003 by simplicity707 I now own 2 Broadmoors and a Yeoman.

Homesteader7 or Homesteader8? Two completely different tractors. I THINK the Homesteader 8 is based on the Broadmoor,while the 7 is a much smaller tractor,good for small yards,or trimming.I have a Homesteader7,basically keeping it because it doesn't take up much room,and it's a novelty piece.

I went to investigate the Homesteader in a little bit more detail. It's a homesteader 8 that has not run in four years. I have not been on here in a long time and in that time I have sold off most of my stuff. I sold the Yeoman, I sold the Broadmoor and all the pieces with it. I sold my spare decks and most of my other parts. The only two tractors I have right now are my 707 and the 2010. The 707 is far from running, the motor let loose in it on a summer day, right after I sold my parts off. Oh well, I don't think I'll worry about it too much, there's a 728 across the street that's for sale for 75.00. It runs and mows.