Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early Broadmoor Plow Frame hookups

rokon2813

Does anyone have a pic of how all the parts of a snlow plow frame hooks up on an early broadmoor ?? I assume I have to remove the pulley sytem for the mower deck to install the plow. Or even a model number so I can look up the tech pub myself. I seem to have all the pieces, but the tractor has been repainted and I dont know the model, other than it is an early broadmoor. It is one of the ones that pivots in the center and has a 3 speed transmission. Thanks in advance for the help. :D

MFG number 990299 should work...I think it is for the earlier ones but they hook up the same...You dont have to do anything with the pullies...

Excellent :D:D Just what I needed. When I got the hitch it was put together wrong apparently. No wonder I couldnt figure out how to mount it.;) Thanks a bunch.

The 717 is still a 2 speed - identical to a 707 except the decal and the engine model number - it was the first to have a synchro-balance in it. I know a 728 has a 3 speed, but off the top of my head I can't say on a 727 Broadmoor.

Splinkman, Looking at the Broadmoor manual it shows yours as being a 6HP Broadmoor if you have the right model number, that's before the 707 and 717 Broadmoor. You can look for your self, here's the link to the Broadmoor Manual online. Model numbers are on page three on the bottom of the page. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_870_00_BM_S.pdf[/url]

Splinkman There are a few things that will help determine what year your Broadmoor is. 1) if the dash is black it's a 63-65 if it's white it's a 66+ 707 , 717, ect. I'm not quite sure what year they stoped making this style. 2) the 63-65 did not have the lower dash covers, 66+ did. 3) the model number plate. If it has just two model numbers it's a 63 "287 and 288, if it has three model munbers it's a 64+ 287, 288 and 303. 4) if you think it's a 63, look under at the pivoit, there should not be a grease fitting. I posted some pitures recently in this post. check it out. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42703 Elon

thanks, it only has the two numbers,287 & 288, it doesn't have those side battery cover things like some have...it has a black dash...i'll look for the grease fitting.

The white dash/black dash is still open to me. I have 2 6hp tractors, one has a black dash, and another white. I don't have them stored at my house, so I can't just go look at the numbers to find a serial number or engine number to determine approximate age. The white dash was a one owner machine until I got it, and wasn't messed with. The early Landlords had the same differences. The grease fitting isn't sure fire either - someone could have gotten smart and added it, or it may have been done by a dealer per a service bulletin issued on the subject of frame wear and preventing it with the addition of a grease fitting. I wish there was a good answer on dash color. Tim