Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

$2.00 blade needs some work to fit

dhardin

But with good help it think this will push some snow soon. [img]attach/dhardin/DSC00022s.JPG[/img] The blade i got at a gradge sale so i had to fabricate the hitch. Dose anyone know how makes this type of blade. [img]attach/dhardin/DSC00023s.JPG[/img] To push snow Ill need some chains so i found a free set of chains from a friends truck. They where a nice set of 4 link Vs but i had some old odd size chains, I added them to the 4 link to make these 2 links. Hope to fill the back tires with WW fluid for some weight. [img]attach/dhardin/DSC00024s.JPG[/img] I need to mention my helper (my father) here keeping worm in the family farm shop. Yes its 20 degrees outside, but he ususally winters in Texas and not use to the cold. [img]attach/dhardin/DSC00028s.JPG[/img]

Looks good,, I just got done making me ablade for my Wheel Horse I took an older Wheel horse blade (Before the Tach-a matic)that the snowblade it self was junk cut the front of the A frame off, and then I had a Crapsman snowblade (Mowerman and I found along side of the road for Free one sunday after meeting with dadsy98) and I cut off the channel and it slid right up the center of the W.H. A frame and welded it together, Another Junker put to good use...

I love it when cast off stuff can be recycled into great, new, workable tools. Nice job saveing blade and chains. Seeing your dad by the heater reminds me of when I was an apprentice and stepped into the trailer to warm my hands one below zero day. The Foreman came in and politely informed me that, "The Heat's in the Tools Boy, get to work'in e'm".

Good job, Dan. My first blade came from a yard sale. Paid $5 for it. Had to make the entire mount and lift for it since I mounted it on a Dynamark. This is BS (Before Simplicities). I now have four tractors, three blades, and a blower. By the way, none of the blades or the blower were from ACs or Simplicities. Love the cheap (or free) off-brand attachments.

I had a blade with that type release. It had all the brackets and hardware with it. The tag on it said Noma Products. :D

Right now its all hanging in my heated gardge primed ready for paint.Also i have fabricated a release and rod to move the blade left and right. Ill get a pic when finished.