Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
B.Ikard

Price range for 42" Snow/Dirt front blade ?

B.Ikard
Gents, What's a good price range for a good condition used 42" front blade including the front hitch adapter, lift rod, and swivel/angle control rod? Also, is this blade setup strong and sturdy enough to push and spread dirt and gravel-we seldom get enough snow to shovel. Ike

thedaddycat
The 42" dozer blades don't adjust from the seat, the 46" HD blades do. The newer 42" blades have trip springs while the older "stiffie" blades do not. It depends on which blade you're talking about, can make a big difference in price. When Dan made his big trip a year or so ago I dumped what? 8 or 10 snow plow blades on him....

rokon2813
LOL only 6 or 7 I think. I have one simp and 2 sears left. The only simp blade left is the one that STILL needs to be welded back together ;):D One of these days, someone will ask for one and I'll have to get out the welder....or maybe I'll weld it up for me.... My B is running a Ford (sorry bout the bad word) homemade plow. In my defense, only because I was pushing dirt and the Ford has 4 different angles instead of Simps 2. When you push dirt with a B 12 where a 4x4 Kubota gets stuck, you need all the control you can get. ;);) And I never got stuck. 8D Oh and to answer your second question; Yes they will push dirt and gravel just fine if you can get traction....