Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got sovereign tractor re-powerd

roma3112

Hi all some of you folks may recall my post from a while ago: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39688 Well the dealer finally got off his rump and after almost 2 months!!! i got my machine back today. Simplicity supplied the engine and AL Eden got me the conversion kit. I had a chance to look over the installation before i lost the sunlight and i must say that I could not tell it was not a factory job. I was VERRY IMPRESSED with the kit that Al supplied. The components all fit and looked as if they were put there by the factory. Nothing looked like it was an afterthought I can only imagine if i did the job from scratch (without a kit) how it would look :D I think AL did a great job. Another thing that I am not used to is the level of customer service I got from all the folks at Edens Ltd. they were great and spent soo much time with me I honestly felt guilty calling them. I can honestly say that if any of our group here has a machine to repower consider giving Al a call for what you pay for his kits and the level of care and quality that I have seen it is money well spent. I have to tackle the snow cab tomorow, i will try to take some pics of the engine and snow cab installation.

Actually amble the snow cab was my xmas present to myself :D Al bent over backwards to help me and answer every question i had.

Hi, You guys are tooooo gushy. We just do what we have to do to exist in a small town of 5000 in a county of 20,000. We live in a low key section of the country. Anyway, if someone cares enough to do business with us, don't we OWE them to do what we can to help them? That is customer appreciation from business 101. Anyway thank for the nice comments and Happy Holidays to all of you. I consider all of you my extended family. Al Eden PS. Were you able to get the procedure from them??

John, I think you will like the Command OHV engine once you get used to it's "cold nature". The air filter does not have to be cleaned anywhere near as often as the one on the OHC engine. I am completely satisfied with my OHV conversion. :):):) I am "gushy" on Al's kit also.

Roy Now that you mension it, one thing i did notice is how touchy that engine is in so far as i have to manage my choke and throtttel almost each time i start it. I find that from high rpm's if i throttel it down when the engine is cold, it cought and somtimes stalls. Before i got the machine back AL had called me to see how I was making out, and he suggested a cold weather kit for the engine, so I bought it from him and will wait and see if that does the trick. PS the snow cap was such a pain in the butt to install, talk about POOR POOR POOR instructions, i finished it up last night and i will go over some minor issues and give it a good once over to make sure i dont have anything rubbing missing ect. All I really have to do after that is mount the cable for the chute angle adjust, and get used to backing it into the shed with limited visibility :D

Hi, Being kind of finicky is common with all of the new engines not just the Kohlers. The problem comes with how lean they have to be to pass emissions. They all need to have someone give the choke a little loving attention until they warm up. Without the mandatory fixed jet carbs, one could just richen it up a little. Sorry bout that. Al Eden