Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Tacey

Dear Santa: A/C 912 Hydro With Attachments

Tacey
Dear Santa Claus, I've been really good this year. A guy is selling an Allis Chalmers 912 Hydro tractor in my neck of the woods. Comes with a 42" deck, snow plow, tiller, turbo-vac, wheel weights, and an extra set of ag tires. Supposedly a one-owner, garage kept, and reasonably well maintained. (I'll know more details when I go to see it tomorrow.) That's all you'd have to bring me on Christmas Eve, Santa, to make me a really happy camper. Your Friend, Tacey (Ya can't blame a guy for dreaming, can ya? ;))

johnerj
quote:
Originally posted by Nick
you had me going there for a second Randy.
ME TOO!! I don't think we are all that far from each other, and I was heading for my truck. Not sure where I was going, but I was going to go look for it. John

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Well ?? Did you get it or not ?
I sat at the auction for 2 hours waiting for it to hit the block. The first bid was $400, and two guys ran it up to $800 in 30 seconds. I never even bid. The winning bid was something in the area of $900. Although I probably would have gone to $1000, it was obvious one of the bidders was hot for the items. I had mentally set my limit at $650, so I was sorta blown away by the rapid escalation of the bidding. I has visited the auction site earlier in the day, and the auctioneer had said he thought it would bring around $400 to $500, so I was salivating. But it wasn't to be... It seems that the Simp/AC tractors that go on auction around here bring top buck. I'll get my Soverign yet, at a reasonable price. All it takes is some diligent looking and a little luck. Maybe the Easter Bunny will get the message...;) Tacey

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by JB3212v
I would say if that tractor and all of those attachments went for under a grand somebody got a heck of a good deal.
I would agree except it was hard to tell the mechanical condition of the items. They appeared to be well-maintained, but well worn. Some of the attachments had been repainted, not the original color. Who knows if a major problem lurked with the stuff. Besides, I really don't need another tractor. I was just not in the position to spend $1000 or more, so when it went above my target price, I just let it go. I guess I have read too many posts on this forum. You know, the ones that say how some guys are given tractors by neighbors. Or they find attachments at a yard sale for $50. Tacey