Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift vs. Manual lift

mowerman1193

I never had any kind of power lift on a tractor that I have used yet..(Had a hydro lift but sold the tractor before I ever used it).. I just wondered some of your opinions, likes and dislikes of the electric lift..I have thought about trying to find one for my 3415H but not sure it would be worth the money and hassle to switch it to electric..This tractor will be mainly used for plowing snow with the 46in dirt/snow blade and maybe a Johnny Bucket if I ever get around to building one... The dozer/snow blade doesn't seem all that bad to lift and I could live with the manual lift for that...Don't know how the Bucket would be or even if the electric lift could handle the weight of a bucket full of dirt or stone.. Thanks for your exerience, knowledge and opinions..

It's simple to put an electric lift on. I find they work well, and make it a bit nicer to use. They can lift a couple hundred pounds.

I've got an electric lift on my 712H. It's used mainly for plowing snow. It's kind of a pain,when you push snow across the road,and you need to lift the blade.Gotta time it right,so you're not digging into the ground with the blade.Or you have to stop,and let the blade lift a bit before proceeding. I would prefer a manual lift.I've got a manual lift on the 2110 with a snowblower.It's also got the rear lift,and with some weights on it,it's counterbalanced pretty good.

I put one on my 810&a three point hitch,works great with a drag or disk,haven't tried a plow.I also added a spring in the lift rod to help raise the equipment,takes the strain off the electric motor. Later Jim

Only had one tractor with an electric lift. Sold it off and put a manual lift arm on it I had laying in the parts pile. I found it to be a little slower than the hydro lift but never really worked it. Since the machine was not one I used often I decided the $ for the lift was worth removing it.

Have elec. lift on my AC 710 And AC 914H Its easier to get on and off the tractor cause theres no manual life lever in the way. Its just nicer and easier to operate everthing, Tiller, PLow, blade etc. Have everything I need to put hydalics on the AC 914 haven't had time to do it yet. I guess lazy is maybe a good reason also, for lifts and not putting the hydalic on. Ken