Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

when were you infected?

sandyhillbill

When did you get your first Simplicity/AC and what kind was it? I got my first one in 1971. It was a 3210v with a 48" mower , 36" tiller and a 10" moldboard plow. Have never been without at least one Simplicity ever since. Have had three new ones and three used ones. sold two of them and then bought them back later on down the road. My wife thinks there is no known cure for this desease and I agree with her.^:D:o);):I No offence but I find all the posts about snow blowers and snow plows a little boring being from Louisiana. I'm still gathering leaves down here. Just got our first real frost this past week and grass is just now turning brown.

I started out with a B207 and it grew from there.That was around 5 or 6 years ago.I have had my fair share of Simplicity and allis ever sence.As far aas my wife go she is out there working on them with me.And she loves them almost as much as I do.Tony

My first tractor was an AC Homesteader 8 that I got about 4 years ago. I still have it and about 9 more AC/Simplicity's and many more of other brands. I also agree that there is no cure for the addiction!

The first one I owned was the AC 710 I bought in 1979. And I still have it and I must proudly say it is in near perfect shape. But I first got infected in the early '60's when the B1 came out. I grew up around these things as my Dad was an AC dealer. Today I have the B1 my Uncle Rich bought from Dad so I guess you would say it is a one family tractor. I have seven total now and yes the disease has control of me. As of late (the last 10 years) I have been bitten by the 616/620/720 virus. It is a particulary nasty, addictive strain. It was up to an infection of five of that 'strain' at one point and now a managable three(a 616, 620, and 720). My Dr. she says 'at least the disease is under control and 'not spreading'. Oops. Whats that? A parts tractor. Hey I can make that more than a parts tractor. Just a little of this, & that. Jim would have one of those and Mike said he'd gladly trade ........ DOH!

At birth.lol My dad worked at a local AC dealership around the time I was born, so I was exposed to this at a very early age.

I bought my first Simplicity 3416H in 19938D and fixed it up to running condition.Now 11 years later and 20 or more tractors later.^:) When I was younger my neighbor had a Allis Chalmers WD45 farm tractor and now has a AC5050,this started me on these tractors.:o):D Karl

Think I gotta blame my case on this site. Scored my 725 from a guy here in Tok, started looking for attachments which lead me to finding the B-112 with mower and snowblowers and some extra parts. About a year after that I found this site and ever since, if I know of one in the state of Alaska it bothers me that its not in my yard.

Hi, Bought my first a Wards Squire 10 new in 1966. Then to justify spending the money, contracted a 26 acre hilly cemetary. Bought a new 3212v in 1969 or 70 and traded the Squire in on a new 3212H in 1971. Repowered both with 16 as soon as the 16 Briggs was born. Still have it and it looks like it served in Viet Nam. Lived a very hard life for 7 years in the cemetary and a lot of other commercial mowing. Keep thinking I will restore it. Never seem to get time. Now have about 25 new and 30 or more used Simplicities as a dealer. I love these tractors and the Company. Simplicity is the very best company we deal with. Al Eden

Dad bought his first Simplicity, a 725 used in 1965, so I have been around them almost my whole life. Got my first one, a late B-10 in 1986, restored it in 1992. After that I got side tracked with other things until 2000 when I discovered this place and the tractor addiction really took ahold.....;):D:o)

I'm a new be! Brought a B10 & B12 with attachments this year and found this club! I how have the FEVER!! These are tough tractors and beat all the new ones on the market! Happy Holidays to ALL!!

In june of 2002 I was looking for parts for a 717 that I had found. I came across this site and found the info and parts I needed. I now have 6 allis chalmers and 6 simplicities in my collection of around 28 tractors. This site has been a major help in working on and finding parts for these old work horses. The folks here are the BEST!

Well, I bought my first one, a used and abused B-210, in August, 1998, but I became badly addicted shortly thereafter... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/club2_logo.gif[/img] Just realized that I was on the road on business on our birthday... did I miss the party?

In 1980 I bought a 738 with a new engine and deck on it, still got it. Got three other Simplicities and a tiller now. I think this site is mostly responsible for getting those.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/club2_logo.gif[/img] Just realized that I was on the road on business on our birthday... did I miss the party?
It was quite a party Kent, but we saved you some cake....;):D:o)

My dad bought a lightly used A/C 410S in the mid 70s with a 42" mower,36" tiller and a 46" snow blade.By the early 90s the mower deck was worn badly and I started looking for another deck whithout much luck until I found a A/C 312 at an auction with a very good condition mower deck.I bought it for $500.00.A few years later I bought another A/C 410S that had a hydrolic lift from an off brand tractor mounted on it for $300.00.So by now I'm hooked but I find it's very difficult to find information on my tractors.I'm told by dealers that there should be Simplicity equivelents to A/C tractors.But no matter how hard I look,I can't find any Simplicities that look like mine. In the fall of 2000 I buy a computer and find the SimpletrACtors site within a few days of surfing the web.To my amazement,I find out that I'm not alone in this addiction! :D

1992, got tired of working on my old Bolens 1050's and decided if I was going to spend the money for a new rig it would have to be the tuffest on the market. Did a lot of shopping and research. Bought an Ultima 1920H and never looked back. Found this site, this time last year, and now have 2 ultimas, 1 Sunstar, and a couple of other ac/simp. With a couple of off brands to balance things out a little.

My Grandfather got me hooked! He started with a 1959 Wonderboy 700, then upgraded to a 1967 2012 which he gave to my Father in the late 80's when he bought a house in a retirement village. It was later given away without my knowledge [V] by my sister. When I got my house in 2000 there was no other choice but what I grew up with- Simplicity.

I was "infected" about a year or two ago when I met Michael Wells at school. My first tractor is my faithful B-110. Benjamin Kassulke

My brother in law bought a used MW garden mark squire (simp 725) ~ 1980 and gave it to me in ~1986 I have been in to since then. I found this site ~ late 1999 or early 2000. JH

I have been hooked ever since I bought a Broadmoor 717 that needed a hood and grille about 4 years ago..I found this site and been hooked ever since...I did have about 12 tractors at one time but I have been thining them down and have about 7 now..Still going to sell off somemore until I get down to about 4 tractors..

I bought my HB212 in 1980 with many attachements and cab. My plan was this was just temporary until I could find a JD at a good price. I never did buy a JD and have converted 6 JD owners to AC/Sim, and currently working on #7. BTW I now own 11 tractors all Large Frame from 1970 to 1979.