Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle mower...how many out there?

AC808

How many of you have sickle mowers for your AC/simps? I have an oppurtunity to get one and a mid mount grader blade. Im just curious how much (even roughly) you may have paid for yours. I know, I know...Im NOT gonna ask 'whats it worth?' Cause I know that thats highly subjective. Thanks guys...

I bought a 46" (I think that's what they were considered) a couple of weeks ago for $235.00. Looks to be in excellant shape but had been in pole barn sitting for last 18-20 years. Also have no idea why I bought it!

Puds, only reason you need to own a sickle bar for these ole tractors is 'because'. Might add, it was there too be bought. Mine came with my Landlord, seems they sell around the club here between 250-400, with real deals made every now and then. The grader blade is a Real handy attachment.

That's why I got mine, "just because" and I thought it was a good deal. I got mine for $250.00 including shipping from Virginia. Now with the upcoming move I will have a place to use it.

I've got one in good condition with the swathboard intact. I bought it at the same time as the hydraulic lift B-110 along with other attachments; rear end thatcher with basket(or is it a rotary trailing sweeper?), home-made cart, rotary mower, and a rear blade. Judging by what this stuff goes for on eBay, I got a really great deal. However, there is no market for this stuff in Central California, so I see it as a fair deal.

I got one. :D For my B 12, all there in pretty decent shape for $250. I've had it just about a year and have not moved it or even looked at it since I stuck it away. I guess my reason was just "just to say I have one" ;)

well, I got mine for $500.00 cause it's perfect. Original owner's son sold it, operator/parts manual, receipt, swathboard and rod, paint like new etc. Used maybe 10 or 20 times. All parts present except clutch/brake pedal protector-disc, if you have an extra.

Dan, your gonna have to do like I do and till up a piece of ground, plant it to oats or barley, JUST so you have something to mow with it.

I've got one for my Sears suburban, unfortunately it was the kind made by roper rather than Haban. Gave $200 for it with a rare Sears HT14, which is a Suburban with a Sunstrand Hydro (not a series 15) and its powered by a 14HP Briggs cast iron single, not one of those problematic tecumsehs. Its only about 40 inches wide so I would like to get the sears sickle working, and trade it or sell it and buy one of the AC/Simplicity sickles instead. I think these things are really good for cutting hilsides, and since I don't have a bush hog, I was hoping to use a sickle to cut tall grass.

I bought mine at a tractor show. It was on a trailer of rusty iron underneath other things. It had been modified to use a driveshaft but that was just bolt on stuff that I could easily remove. It was also missing the metal tunnel with the two pulleys in it that the belt goes through. It spins over fine and needs a pulley. I paid $25.00 and learned a lesson about rusty metal piles.

I have one and I use it alot on my fence lines to mow weeds. Got it with a B10 & B12 and attachedments for $550. It fits on both, I thnk I got a goo deal! Happy Holidays ALL!

I have one for a simplicity 725 I paid ~$275.00 with an extra set knives. The bar was broken so I made another one and put it the sickel and I have not been able to get the bar to move freely back and forth. I just need time to fiddle with it. JH

I have two sickle mowers,one that is restored and mounted on the B-10 that I paid $300.The other one I use out to the farm and I only gave $100 for it.They both came complete with swathboards.

I have a very nice handle lift sickle bar that came with my 101. I also bought a nice cable lift one that fits RBTs with cone clutch for $200 at an auction. It is the only one I've seen for sale in this area and I would have probably kept on bidding if everyone else hadn't stopped.