Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Model 23???

Bunky
I was out driving around today and I happen to run into a model 23 Briggs for sale by the road.... I was thinking that was what I need to put in the 725 but realized I needed a 19 does anyone know the difference between a model 23 and a 23D????

BrownA
I am pretty sure the oil pan bolt pattern is a little bigger. I tried to put a 9 hp in a model 700. It physically didn't fit. I was looking for it to just bolt right up without any modifications.

SmilinSam
The 9 - 16 hp block are a larger block than the 7-8 hp cast iron blocks. You cant use the 9-12 in a B-1, 700, or 725 without doing modifacations to the tractor. I've been the reciepient of many of these tractors all hacked up from installing one of these larger block engines in them.

rokon2813
Bunky, they more than likely pulled that info from the Briggs technical data page ;) LETTERS FOLLOWING BASIC MODEL NUMBERS B Ball Bearing C Automatic Choke D Power Takeoff Revolves CW F Flange Mounting H Horizontal Engine P Fuel pump R Reduction Gear S Suction Carburetor Look here for more info http://www.edgeta.org/tekdata.htm