Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
patrician12

What is it?

patrician12
I just picked up a 7116 Hydro that I bought a few months ago.I can't figure what year it is.The Briggs 16 horsepower reads 2/4/87 but this is not reliable because it might have beeen changed although it does look original.There are no tags anywhere on the tractor only the mower deck.The mower deck has the number 1691219.I need some new belts and blades so I see it is before or after 1980 is the demarkation.By the mower deck # what year is it? The tractor is in beautiful shape the mower deck is like brand new and so is the body.Everything was perfect except the wheeel was extremely hard to turn.I removed the steering box assembly and found the input shaft was almost frozen to the sliding bushing.Cleaned,emoried and greased all the moving parts and now it turns like butter.My I add ,the gearbox,is very well made piece of equipment that has a fool proof assembly and disassembly design.

UCD
The 48" mower deck is 1986 to 1998. The PTO belt part# 1713515 is the same for all 7100, sovereign, 900, 2800 series. The blades for the 1691219 are part# 1679916. The arbor belt is part# 1657044.

patrician12
Thanks very much!I did better than I thought.I thought it was an 1981.It was a trade in to a Cub Cadet MTD dealer who neither wanted it or knew what it was.It must have been garage kept.Today I called the previous owner,I found his name in the owners manual,he bought it new.I have to laugh a little.He sold it because it didn't have power steering.So the Cub dealer sold him one with p.steering.Thank God the dealer wasn't interseted in this machine or didn't know how to fix the gearbox or I wouldn't have gotten this gem.

Karl_Brandt
I also have the same Simplicity 7116H tractor ,mfg. no.1690569 ser.005247. This is made around 1987.^ This tractor came with a vacuum collector and trailer with a 48" mower deck. And a Simplicity sovereign 3212H mfg. no.990572 Both from a John Deere dealer,the sales man did know how to run the tractors.:D I could not leave these tractors with those John Deere stuff.;) I bought Simplicity tractors last year. Karl