Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ATV TIRES ???

2980mike

i just looked at an ad with a Allis-Chalmers 718 with ATV tires.I think it might be a good idea but would like some opinions from other people.Would they hold up to this type of application? Is the rubber compound too soft? I was just wondering the thoughts of others on this subject before i run out and buy some. thanks 2980mike

I put Carlisle Super Trails on my Sunstar intime to mow the last few times with them and totally love them. They give much better traction than the turf tires but don't tear up the lawn like lugs do. They are rated at 1350lbs at 20mph and a max of 20psi

I ran Wooly Booger ATV tires on a modified pulling tractor for several years. This was a 1000 lb tractor with a 60 Hp engine. No longer have the tires myself, but they are on a friends Dixon ZTR mower. He loves them.

Mounted on a Sovereign. No problem yet............ Make = SwampWitch Size = AT25x10-12 Load Range = C Max = 420 lbs. @ 7 PSI With 80# Weights each wheel [img]/club2/attach/dutch/pmw-7.jpg[/img]