Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
oldone

Regulator

Nick
I don't know the anwser either John. But after causing one of the springs on the regulator on my Landlord 101 to catch fire, I had to replace the whole regulator. (ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE WORKING ON ANY THING ELECRTICAL!) my mistake. anyway, I had someone test it and it was no good. So after doing some research here in the archives, I ended up replacing the regulator with a WELLS Brand voltage regulator. The package says it's part # VR264 and it replaces part # VR605. I purchaced it at Advanced Auto for about $22.00 including tax. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Just came across the post about the regulator I mentioned: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=29778&SearchTerms=vr605

Chris727
Nick, was that a 3 coil regulator you got from the auto parts store? When I needed one for my B110 I wanted to get the right one, Napa couldn't get me one, auto zone and the others had no idea what I was talking about. Ended up getting one from a place reccommended here. DB electrical 1-800-753-2242, and I bougt two, they were close to $30 each. The one I put on my B110 has been working fine, not overcharging. Its pretty important to get the right one and get it hooked up right. A lot of times I get tractors that previous owners wired incorrectly and the contact points end up fused together.