Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor Demonstrator PICS

HammockJA

Gents, Finally got some good pics of the tractor. For the most part the tractor is straight and I think it saw limited use before it was parked around 75 or 76. See why I thought the motor might be AC, the cowling is all yellow and the motor #170701 0661-02 6906091. Motor looks like it got a ring job and never went back out on the range. The bars running from front to back on both sides of the deck appear to have been replaced. Model numbers 990287 and Dlx 990288 sr#1716. I had a lot of fun finding the tractor but now it's sitting in my garage. My interest is mowing grass, pushing snow, and admiring the engineering on these little tractors. If some one needs this unit more than I do please let me know. It is unlikely that I will restore the tractor and prefer it got to someone that will, we will work it out.

Nice looking trator you got.I think those hubcap will need more then elbow greaseLOL.It is in god shape that is for sure.Tony

That little tractor sure deserves a restoration, it would look sharp with that Demonstrator decal and all new shiney paint. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/KSever/mine717.jpg[/img]

That is pritty nice. If you get a chance run your finger under were the grease fitting should be for the pivit. That will narrow down the year. It looks like it is a 1963-65. If it dosn't have a grease fitting "and never did" your looking at the first year model "1963" for the Broadmoor. I'm wondering if the "Demonstrator" is the Demo model before it went into perduction. It would be interesting to find out. Elon

Oh one more thing, the original motor would have been a pull start. The 287 and 288 both had them, the first electric start was in the 303, witch came around 1964. So I really think yours is a 1963ish. I would love to have it but you alittle far from CT.lol She would look good next to my Broamoors. lol Elon

Thanks for those pictures...Its cool to see the pictures of the Demonstrater after hearing/discussing about a couple of different ones over the years on this club..

Yes, but the dash was clearly electric start from the factory. No coble job here on the switch or starter button, these are factory. So you think that is 64?

Well now I'm really confussed. Here is the dash from my 63 Note the model numbers only two listed.

I went out to snap a shot of the dash on "what I thought was a 64", and to my suprize, it has the same tag with two model numbers. My 63 had a pull start, and the 64 has electric start. I was under the impression that the 303 model was for electric start. Now I'm not sure what is what, or when was when! lol I'll do some more reading and try to figure this out. Elon

I just got this from the made when section of Simple trACtors site 1963 990230 600 Wonderboy 990153 32" Rotary Mower 990234 400 Wonderboy 990236 24" Rotary Mower 990287/288/303 6HP Broadmoor 990289 32" Rotary Mower 990293 32" Snow Thrower 990308/314 9HP Landlord 990174 32" Tiller 990207 32" Rotary Mower 990210 46" Sickle Bar 990285 42" Rotary Mower 990311 36" Snow Thrower 1964 990234 400 Wonderboy 990236 24" Rotary Mower 990329/332 6HP Wonderboy 990333 32" Rotary Mower 990287/288/303 6HP Broadmoor 990289 32 " Rotary Mower 990293 32" Snow Thrower I dont know if this really helps but I figured I'd post it anyway.

Elon: Looking at the top picture, the two numbers refer to "Standard & Deluxe". It was my understanding that the deluxe referred to models with electric start while the standard was pull start, but then I have been wrong before. Therefore if it was electric start it was a 288 and if it was pull start it was a 287. One panel covered both.
quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Well now I'm really confussed. Here is the dash from my 63 Note the model numbers only two listed. I went out to snap a shot of the dash on "what I thought was a 64", and to my suprize, it has the same tag with two model numbers. My 63 had a pull start, and the 64 has electric start. I was under the impression that the 303 model was for electric start. Now I'm not sure what is what, or when was when! lol I'll do some more reading and try to figure this out. Elon

MFG#'s 990287 and 990288 were both manual start MFG#'s 303 - 375 - 425, Deluxe Tires with eletric start. MFG#'s 288 - 374 - 424, Deluxe Tires with manual start. MFG#'s 287 - 373, Standard tires with manual start. Manuals tell the story. Download them they are free. The manual I find the most usefull for telling what is what is the Belt and blade manual

Like I said, I have been wrong before :I Who would have thought the differance between Standard and Deluxe was the tires and wheels. Thanks for the info. Now that I have learned something today, I can relax the rest of the day :D
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
MFG#'s 990287 and 990288 were both manual start MFG#'s 303 - 375 - 425, Deluxe Tires with eletric start. MFG#'s 288 - 374 - 424, Deluxe Tires with manual start. MFG#'s 287 - 373, Standard tires with manual start.

Maybe the DEMONSTRATOR got the electric start? This stuff is factory right down to the Briggs & Stratton ignition key. Thanks for the feed back!

Hi that is one nice sized simplicity garden tractor you have, all it needs is to be restored and then it can resume cutting grass with. That Simpicity you have would be pretty manuverable in small yards.Good luck with it. Take Care Jason B