Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower hitch

skot71

I've got a chance to get a snowblower from a friend. He has a Deutz Allis 616. He thinks it's a 1979. Our sons play on our school's basketball team and we got to talking at a game last week. I didn't know he had this tractor. I told him I'd like to find a snowblower, and he said he'd like to get rid of his, since he uses a blade on his long gravel drive. From the research I did on SimpletrACtors the other night, his hitch ought to look like this:

I haven't seen this blower or hitch yet. He's got it stored at his dad's, and we're not gonna mess with it until after Christmas. He's going to get the model numbers off of the hitch and blower to give me more info. I have a B-208. Does anyone know if it's even possible to adapt this hitch to my Broadmoor equivalent, or do I need to get the correct hitch? Since I haven't seen his blower and my tractor side-by-side to figure out if it'll work, I thought I'd throw it out to you all. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

I got one of those hitches with a bunch of attachments. It's made of all new parts. It hasn't been used. Now I know what it is for:)

Just going by the picture you posted, that looks like a hitch for the 4000-6000 series tractors. I think the part number is 1690556 or 1690557. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//uploaded/lsenus/DSC01508.JPG[/img]