Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SAfety Question

JCS

I got a 10 x 12 yard barn. It has a parts washer/scrubber in the corner and the 7119 with snowblower and the patio table from the deck and 4 chairs. I also have KEROSUN heater that give wife a headache when used in garage under house. So I got a ventless natural gas heater for garage this winter..... My question is can I use KEROSUN heater to warm building while I am snowblowing so when I put tractor away it will dry off or dones anybody think parts washer with approved solvent will explode?

Depends on what you use for a solvent in your parts washer. Check the cautions on the container it comes in. Also remember it is the "fumes" that explode in a flash of fire. If you can smell gas, or many other substances, they can explode. Also I wouldn't spend too much time in the shed with the fumes from the heater.

that small of a space and solvent/gasoline and any kind of flame sounds like an accident looking for a place to happen. my opinion for what its worth.

If your useing the approved solvent in your washer with no other petroleum based additions it will be OK to use the heater. Place it towards the center of the building when your out. Check on things periodicly and you'll be fine. Also the funny srping loaded lid prop on your parts washer is made with a fire safty rateing. Never mess with the hood prop as it's designed to close atumaticly if it catches on fire smothering the fire. The approved solvent has a lower flash point than gas or such volitall pet. based liqiuds. Just keep about 5 feet from an open flame and you'll be fine.