Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what side of tractor do you get on from

ka9bxg

I have just started to use my allis 312v with cab and it is not the easyest to get into with the v shifter in the way. I tend to get in from the left side. Getting my size 11 with boots on is quite a challange.Bob

I get on from the left but I just swing my foot over the seat. Take the cab off Bob, that's your whole problem. Need my address? :)

Well guess I'm the odd ball here I mount my horse on the left, but get on all my tractors on the right side, I think it's becouse of the manual lifT lever in back position. Ken

having just installed a cab i can say the left side is easier for me, but when i back it into the shed there is no way to get out on the left side so I have to use the right. Go figure i put the cab on and the left side door latch had some welding slag that was not cleaned up so the door is hard to open. I have not had time to take the door off yet but i think i can just drill out the hole a bit more. I cant wait to get the winterizing kit for the engine so i can be done with it.

The right door on the Ultima cab is split so it is a pain to use and I wire it shut. So in the Winter I get in and out on the left. Summer it depends on which side I happen to be standing.

When I back my AC 919H in the shed it is easier to get out on the right side.Have to park closer to one side to have room to get the other Allis Chalmers HB-112 out with the 46" snow blade.;) Once outside the shed I will use the left door on the cab.;)8D Karl

Crawl in thru the window. Opps! that's the truck! No cab on any tractor but yep, just like on the horses,mount from the left side by habit I guess. I always got on the farm tractors from the left too.

I use either side but the right side is easier for me as like the others say..(the lift lever gets in the way).. One time I had the tractor idling while I was getting out and I had one foot on the ground and was raising the other foot over the tractor..I somehow lost my balance and kicked the tractor into reverse so I was hopping along side the tractor trying to get it stopped..The cab door just about nocked my down.. I am sure my kids would have made a good song out of it... "Dad got run over by a Simplicity on Christmas eve" LOL