Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Modified Hitch.....I guess it works

comet66

Since I need to do some patch work on my snowblower, I went to my son's house and retreived my full hydraulic blade for my 1920H. He has been using it on the 1918H for the last 8 years or so with out the benifit of the hyd. angle. Well being the softie I am, I felt kinda bad about leaving him with no blade. So Last week I picked up an old blade,and hitch from Bob Lehigh. Cut the lift arm off and welded on some new attachment points, and a new lift arm.

The leading edge of both feet was worn off so I rebuilt them.

Went up this morning while he was at work and put it on.

I was going to wate untill Christmas to tell him, but we're supposed to get a foot or so of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I may have to tell him early. Any way it was a fun project. Now I have to find some sheet steel to patch my snowblower with. Gravel wore a hole in it just before the material enters the chute. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Well Christmas afternoon Chuck got around to plowing one of his driveways and the plow does the job nicely.:D:D:D [img]/club2/attach/comet66/079.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/comet66/082.jpg[/img]

Thanks guys! Scott: It is the 175 (220v). It's my first wire feed and I love it!! My hands have gotten so shakey over the last 2 years or so, I cant even draw an arc with a stick welder anymore, and this has pretty much solved that problem. I researched quite a bit and talked to the welders at work about it before I bought. This seems to be a pretty stout and dependable machine, so I settled on it. None of the fancy stuff to give problems in a little used unit.

Hi Very nice Agco Allis 1918H your son has! I really like the Sunstar tractors. Boy that blade really lifts high!The blade on my Duetz -Allis 1918 Utima does not lift as high as yours. I really like your hitch you made for that blade. How do you like the power hydrolic angle blade? We have a 42" sweeper we want to mount on one of our 1900 series and are thinking about putting a hydrolic cylinder on it to angle the sweeper. Very nice Take Care Jason B

Jason I intentionaly made the hitch lift high for stacking, and knocking the top off snowpiles. I like my power angle blade except for the fact that it doesn't lift high enough. In fact when raised and angled, the low end will drag on uneven ground. The Sweepster Broom made for the Sunstar is power angle. I've only seen one.

I also made a hitch for my Deutz Sunstar out of an old blade hitch. The one thing you might want to watch out for is if you plow on uneven ground - the lift point that you made has no give to it and in the wrong conditions, you might wreck something - either the hitch itself or worse, the tractor hyd. lift. I made a pivoting lift point for my hitch that allows the blade to float up or down on uneven ground. One of these days, I'll get some pics and post them here..... Tom

Gord; The hitch ataches to the front of the frame on these units. Tom: That's exactly right, I didn't allow for that, it completely slipped my mind that these apply down pressure. I guess I need to keep my eye open for a trip style blade. Thanks for pointing that out to me.