Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

WAAAAHHHOOOO!!!!!!

hdrhdr

:D:DIt finially snowed, and is still coming down. Here in east central Indiana, we are getting whoopped with the white stuff. 11" so far and predicting another 10"-12":D:D

My wife has had the flu for the past 2 days, so I don't have any pictures of me on the tractor:(. I will post some blowing when my photographer can get out of bed. I had to stop having fun (blowing snow) when i cought a rock and burned up the belt. All the stores closed early today so I will have wait until tomorow to get back at it. (I will buy a couple of spares b/c I have a couple of hundred feet of gravel drive). I had the blower about 3" off of the ground and went over a hump and the front end dove down and cought the rock. Blower is OK, just fried the belt. hdrhdr

Thanks for the update. Here in North East Indiana, Fort Wayne, to be exact, there is nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero. I haven't even put my blade on yet and I want it to snow. Oh well. Maybe after I get set for winter it will snow then I can go out and freeze.

Some have all the luck... Nothing worth mentioning here in Denver...still have my mower deck on. Did you hear that Mother Nature? ...I don't think you can make it snow here in Denver. (...now, where did I put my other gauntlet?) /r David

We have a couple inches. I had to go out and try out the 416H with the blade. Cleared the driveway in no time, and the tractor didn't work a bit.

I went out with the allis today It started right up but after blowing for 100 feet it died.I was able to start it and make it to the garage.After it warmed up it worked great.I do need to fix the big hole in the cab window (it gets cold with the wind coming in) Oh ya it was 4 when I went out.All I had to blow was the snow that drifted. Looks like a cold Christmass here .Bob

Current temp. here in Boston Ma. is 48 degrees with a high temp. in the 50's so no snow here today. Finaly got my 3212H working well with my blower on but no snow to try it out yet. Would not be sorry if we did not have any snow this winter but it will come I'm sure.

wishin, what part of Boston are you in? I am local so when you say boston i think downtown where i doubt there are many simplicities. Just curious. I am on the south shore.

Today we have about 5-6". It is real heavy wet stuff. Right now it is raining. I cleared maybe a 20x30' spot, then it was too hard to push it. Dad had to get out the skidsteer to clear the rest. I just used the 416H with the blade, and no weights. Didn't have the blower on, but it's pretty hard to blow this muck anyways. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0025.JPG[/img]

Anyone who wants a little challange I have a couple of loading docks here at the plant in Manistee MI that should give your machines a work out. I can't see the road let alone the light house thats only 1/2 mile away. If none of you show up I guess I'll just have to bring the 7116 up and blow it out myself. At my house we only have about a foot on the level but here right on the lake its more like two foot. Send a truck I'll ship you some.

All it's doing here in greer S.C. is raining and windy chrismas won't be white but clean and wet. Merry Chrismas to all you gus and remember our troops where ever they are. Ken

20 mi NE of Richmond, IN have about 15" on the ground. Pushed the house drive and started working on the barn drive last night. The 916H died. Turn the key. Nothing. Remove check battery. OK. Jump from the battery to the starter w/ jumper cables. Turns over but won't start. Run a jumper from the battery to the + side of the coil. Jump starter with cables again. Back in business. 3 foot drifts in the drive this morning. Jump start her again and get to work. Plowed for at least 2 hours but all clear now. The county hasn't been down my road yet so stuck here. Brent

I spent over $800 fitting my conquest for snow. Its not going to snow here this year........ ...........I'm still looking a dry dirt and GRass here in west central Illinois Its supposed to rain off and on all this coming week....

Here in Greenville,ohio ,11 miles from Indiania line we have at least 13 inches if not more.Shoveled and plowed with Agco918 from 9:00 this morning to 1:30 pm this afternoon.I am not going anywhere for awhile either.

All the snow looks beutiful. I wish I were there to enjoy it. That's when I like it when it gets over a foot. Otherwise it's just a pain.lol Graham, it wasn,t like that when I was up there. Now you'll get that heater hooked up, ey.

We also had about 4" or more of snow and freezing rain and rain. Cleaned the snow this morning in the rain with the Allis Chalmers HB-112 with 46" snow blade. Over one hour later and wet coat & gloves I was done.:) Karl

We've got about 15" on the ground, here in West Central Ohio. 25MPH winds last night really piled it up! I had the 710 out all day today. The 36" blower worked great...but I need chains on the AG tires. Windshield washer fluid in the tires wasn't enough help. The snow is packed really tight.

Here in central WI we have about 4-5"s that we got a couple days ago. Otherwise it's just been cold. Last report I seen we might get some snow saturday, but that can change. I cheated and used my dads truck and then my skidloader. I had too much drive to plow and it was too cold, about -5 to 0. I did have time later to get a simplicity 8HP walkbehing snowblower running that I picked up at an auction the weekend before. Throttle linkage was rusty and water in the engine oil. The thing worked great though and didn't have any traction problem even for having short tires.