Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moving

BruceF

Well, with some help from my dad I got some moving done the last couple days. As stated earlier in the winter projects post I have bought a new place.

Had some tractors on the trailer ready to go and got them to the new place.

Had a bunch in a rented storage facility.

First load from storage loaded and delivered to new place.

Trailer full of attachments.

Second load from storage. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/BruceF/s53000061.JPG[/img]

More mower decks, tires, ect.

Got about half of all tractors moved and inside for now. They don't like to roll to easy when it's below zero outside.

Could still use a bigger shed as I haven't even started on my current shop or storage sheds I have at my current place.:D:D:D

I've said before (and olnly half jokingly) that the perfect home for me would be a 60X100 barn with a two-room cottage off to the side........

Nice place and a really great "Tractor Barn". Maybe you need to put on an addition though. Mine went from 24 X 32, to 24 X 76, and it still isn't big enough. Nice pic's, thanks. I think that blue one is a Panzer, how about some more pictures of it when you get time?

Bruce, Those are some happy looking tractors, kind of like a family reunion! It will be nice to have all of them in one place. Bare cement in a tractor shed is usually in short supply. Congrats on your new place, looks like lots of room for the tractors to run and play!!

Thanks for all the nice comments. The blue/green tractor there started out as a Copar Panzer. I modified it into a pulling tractor before I knew how old and rare they were. I still have all the original parts and plan to restore it someday. It started out just as a tractor to plow snow and move cars around my body shop yard. Others seen me building it and got me interested in pulling. When I get a chance I will post more pictures and descriptions of it in show & tell.

Bruce, Fine looking gang you got there!!!! When getting pics of the Panzer, how about that one with the big steering wheel and radiator too? Joe

Yea, those two really caught my eye too. Nice looking place, and the house ain't bad either.lol You've saved yourself a ton by getting rid of those rental charges I bet. Keep us posted on the progress.

Im so glad i got into tractors AFTER we bought our place! Looks like youll need a furnace of some sort in there...that way youll be able to escape the house and stay warm while doing 'fun' stuff!

Already have plans to put some sort of heater or stove in the garage as it already has the chimney. Here is an earlier picture of the other tractor in question. It was taken shortly after I bought it. I believe it has a JD L engine and clutch with a 3 speed trans and narrowed rear end. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/BruceF/IMAG0007.jpg[/img] Will try to keep you posted when I get more moved. I have some work to do on the house that might have to come first.

Nice to get a place that already has the tractor barn. Looks like a real nice collection, now you'll have somewhere to use the stuff.

Hi Nice place you got there, and a nice yard to cut as well. I really like your shed you sure could put a lot of garden tractors in that shed, and it gives you more room to collect some more tractors for your collection. By the way that is a nice collection of garden tractors you have there. Take Care Jason B

• 4 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Nice collection of tractors and attachments that you have there.
I have to agree you have quite the collection going there...8D

Beautiful setup. When you get the heat in, it will be even better. I have two questions however. If you put heat in the garage, why do you need a house? Won't you spend most of your life out in the garage? Second question... How do you get those mowers to stand up so nicely?

John, I do hope to spend more time in the garage once I get the house done and all moved. Here are a couple of pictures I took showing a deck standing by its self. They stand nicely on the rollers and the adjustment screws.