Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
RobS

Mowing

RobS
I have a B210 that I restored - it came with a mower deck which I never put on. I was thinking of re-doing the deck and using the tractor for mowing and selling my scag walk-behind. But what do you do for grass-catching?

lndscpr
Rob, are you cutting commercially with the scag or your own yard? I love cutting my own yard with my tractors but would not think of cutting trying to make money at it. Some here do cut commercially with their tractors though.

RobS
quote:
Originally posted by lndscpr
Rob, are you cutting commercially with the scag or your own yard? I love cutting my own yard with my tractors but would not think of cutting trying to make money at it. Some here do cut commercially with their tractors though.
My yard - I have an acre....

Chris727
I use an agri-fab lawn sweeper for when I get too many clumps, it was much cheaper and they are easy to find, but If you plan on bagging your grass routinely, the vac is the way to go because you don't have to go over the yard twice, the sweepers often fill up too fast and you spend half as much time finding a place to dump the grass as you spend cutting it.