Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Toys for Christmas

HubbardRA

Just received the following hydraulic components. Two cylinders ordered from Surplus Center

A Sunstar cylinder and control valve purchased from ebay.

And here is a picture comparing the Sunstar cylinder with the one from Surplus center.

I know the Sunstar cylinder will fit either my AC716H or my Simp 7116H. Already checked this out. What I am hoping is that I can use one of the other cylinders on the second tractor, with a little re-design. I hope to power the cylinders from the tranny charge pump. Will post an update as the project progresses.

Rod, that is cool. I will be waiting to see the progress as I have been thinking of changing my 7116 from electric lift to hydro lift. John

Johnerj, I need to check to see if I can fit the Surplus Center cylinder under the 7116 and clear the driveshaft. It may have to be bolted to a bracket attached to the BGB bolts instead of the cross brace, since its is longer than the Simplicity cylinder. It is a little too cold to work in the hut right now. Need to clean out my garage and fire up the kerosene heaters. I'll keep you posted.