Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
PeppyDan

Help with Electric Lift Motor

PeppyDan
I have been getting my sweepster rotory broom mounted on my Jcpenny. Once on, I started testing things to make sure everthing worked properly and found the motor for the electric lift squealing very bad. I thought OK the bushing need cleaned & new grease. When I got it apart I found this.

It's suppose to have a six finger retainer to hold the bushing in place but is completely rusted away(you can see remains in the top pic). I have checked with local motor repair centers with no luck. I have also called Sweepster Corp. and they can only get the complete electric lift asm.($492 ouch!)I asked if I could get the name of the company that they get them from, they said many different suppliers through the years. The outside of this motor measures 2 1/2" and the shaft measures .335 kinda an odd measument. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this motor or a motor to replace this one. What specs. does this motor have, rpm, hp, etc... Thanks for any help, Dan

PeppyDan
I'm looking to find a replacement motor on Surplus Center. There are some to choose from but I don't know the rpm I need or the torque/horsepower/amp draw. My original motor is about 5" long with a 2" center to center mounting shafts. It also needs to be able to run reverse. Are there any other places that I could find this information? Are these units the same as the tractor electric lifts? That just made me remember I have an electric lift on a non running 412 hydro, I'll see if it looks similar. Dan

PeppyDan
The lift on my tractor looks similar but is not an identical match. The dia. was the same and the mounting bolt spacing is also the same but the end cap & length is slightly different. I rechecked my shaft to find a step for the gear. This is .312(5/16)dia. which will help to find a replacement motor. I've tried to do a "search" for the amp draw or specs. on the lift with no luck. Dan