Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More Snow Pictures from Indiana

bigdog46

Here in south central Indiana we had about 22" of the white stuff on Wed. & Thursday. My Simplicity 7117H with hydraulic lift, 42" snowblower, chains and wheel weights did an excellent job taking care of the snow. After I had cleaned my neighbor's drives across the street, they said that the blower was worth its weight in gold since the snow was too deep to plow. I also have a Simplicity 7117H Sovereign with manual lift and a Simplicity 7117 Shuttle with manual lift. You just can't beat them!!

We only had a couple of inches a few days ago.It was the first time that I used the allis with snow cab and it is a lot better than using the bobcat with bucket.I like the fact of no snow piles and hopefuly the snow will not drift in as much. Hope it makes it throught the winter without major problems.Next year I hope to have a hydro on it.Not bad for free.Bob

We also had about 4" or more of snow^ and freezing rain:( and rain on thursday up here in Fenwick,Ontario,Canada. Cleaned the snow in the morning in the rain with the Allis Chalmers HB-112 with 46" snow blade. Over one hour later and wet coat & gloves I was done. I'am glad I made all the paths wider than normal,the paths are all ice covered now and all the rest of the snow on the ground is turned hard like a rock. Nice looking Simplicity 7117H Karl

Sorry about my first post.At least the pic made it.Here in north central indiana we had about 4-6 inches.I really enjoy this site and these tractors.I picked up this 7016 through an ad here.

Gary and Dave, welcome to the club!! Great pictures, two good looking rigs you guys got there!! Thanks both of you for sharing them. Keep em coming.

dcw06, It looks like you are using a front blade hitch for your rear blade. Could you post some pictures of your rear blade set-up including how you have it mounted to the hitch? Thanks,

stevenj, Yes it is a front hitch,my plans are to build 2.One for the rear and one for the belly.But I ran out of alloted garage time for now, so I made this do for now.I'll take some pics when I get back in and post them.Also somebody help me out here,should I keep adding to this thread or post a new one.Thanks

Hi Gary and Dave Welcome to the club!It is the best place on the internet to talk about Simplicity lawn and Garden tractors! Those are some nice 7117H Simplicity Garden tractors you two have. How do you like the cab on the 7117H? Take Care Jason B

Here are the pics of my grader blade set up,for now.When I bought the tractor the blade came with it but no hitch.So a coworker had a newer style blade with the spring trip on the blade.took it off his hands for 40 bucks.Well it didnt fit the front,so I drug it around to the back and thought close enough for now.Then I took the old blade and the grinder and removed the mount.Cut the blade off to 7 or 7 1/2 inches high beefed up the top edge with angle iron.Welded the mount back on the front side.The hitch is to wide for the tractor so I use a flat washer on each side of the hitch on the right to take any slop out and go play.I can bolt the skid shoes on and it does a pretty good clean up job on the gravel drive.Almost forgot The newer blade all so came with a bolt on lift lever and rod.So I welded it to a steel plate and bolted it under the step.I use it for the blower and the original lift for the blade.As far as how do I like my cab? Best Christmas present I ever found for the wife to buy me... [img]/club2/attach/dcw06/Grader.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dcw06/grader1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dcw06/Grader2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/dcw06/grader4.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dcw06/grader5.jpg[/img]

Hi Great pictures, I definately need to look into a cab for my Agco Allis 1920H as I do a lot of snowblowing in the winter, so far this year I looked like a snowman after blowing snow with out a cab on my 1920H LOL. I will have to look into a cab for next year. Take Care Jason B

Just want to Thank everyone for the warm welcome to the club.And the compliments on the pics. This is a Great site. Dw

Nice tractor. I wish we could get snow like that. We got about 6" the 20th of December. I finally got to use my Deutz Allis 8-28 again. Michael A