Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
KSever

Electric Hydraulic pumps

KSever
I've heard in past where somebody has used a electric hydraulic pump from a auto convertible top to run the hydraulic lift cylinders on a garden tractor. I don't recall what ever came of this project. Anybody have any more info on these as to what they can lift? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/KSever/convertiblepump.jpg[/img]

D-17_Dave
Kris, I don't know what became of the other post but I am formiliar with these units. It basically uses a starter motor to power a small gpm pump. It's on demand, as the motor only runs when you actuate the lift direction. It will do a good job and will develope a full 2000psi pressure, but it pulls a lot of juice and really wouldn't work very good for continues opperation. Most only cycle to lift trailer ramps or some other cyl. opperation for around a 30-45 second durration. Much more than that and it'll soon overheat and self destruck. They are avaliable in single and double direction configurations, but are a little pricey for my budget.

rokon2813
I have one I took off a cub cadet, so no idea what kind of car it was from but it is a dual cylinder double action pump. It was used on a snowplow on the CC and worked great. It was on the CC I have with the 3 cylinder yamaha engine and 6" channel frame, and in about 4 seconds it would lift the front wheels off the ground.:D:D Looks like the one you have pictured is for 2 double acting cylinders too. ;)