Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Hydraulic pumps

KSever

I've heard in past where somebody has used a electric hydraulic pump from a auto convertible top to run the hydraulic lift cylinders on a garden tractor. I don't recall what ever came of this project. Anybody have any more info on these as to what they can lift? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/KSever/convertiblepump.jpg[/img]

Kris, I don't know what became of the other post but I am formiliar with these units. It basically uses a starter motor to power a small gpm pump. It's on demand, as the motor only runs when you actuate the lift direction. It will do a good job and will develope a full 2000psi pressure, but it pulls a lot of juice and really wouldn't work very good for continues opperation. Most only cycle to lift trailer ramps or some other cyl. opperation for around a 30-45 second durration. Much more than that and it'll soon overheat and self destruck. They are avaliable in single and double direction configurations, but are a little pricey for my budget.

I have one I took off a cub cadet, so no idea what kind of car it was from but it is a dual cylinder double action pump. It was used on a snowplow on the CC and worked great. It was on the CC I have with the 3 cylinder yamaha engine and 6" channel frame, and in about 4 seconds it would lift the front wheels off the ground.:D:D Looks like the one you have pictured is for 2 double acting cylinders too. ;)

Hi, The top motors and pumps were a lot smaller than the electric pumps we fix for snow plows etc. We repair quite a few of the ones with the Presotlite motors etc. Al Eden