Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Nick

Found out where my B-110 was purchaced new

Nick
Back last March, I was trying to figure out who sold my B-110 when it was new. There was no city/state on the dealer decal, just the name "Heavy Equiptment Repair Inc." I just came across this newspaper ad from September 21, 1962 in the paper with the dealer adveristing that if you purchace an AC farm tractor from them they will fly you to Milwaukee for a tour of the AC plant. I notice at the bottom it says "applies to all models except for B-1." I assume that's the garden tractor? Anyway I thought it was neat ad, and now I know where my tractor was purchaced from new. Sorry for such a large ad, It was very hard to bring down the ad to size with out not being able to read it.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/nickstanchak/ACdealerlogo.jpg[/img]
[img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/ACAD.jpg[/img]

Tom_Byrne
Thats neat to know Nick! When I bought my 2010 I considered myself lucky. Jeff Nemes' father sold it new in 1967, thier dealership did all the work on it so I knew the complete history from day one to present. The old timer that owned it used it to cut a 1/2 acre of grass and thats it. He traded it in because he was having trouble with the hi/lo, and when the trans belt sheared I guess that was the last straw for him- it was to heavy for him to push in to his shed! He got mad, called Jeff and told him to come and get it out of his yard, and he came down and bought a new Broadmoor from him. Lucky for me, I could not ask for a better, more reliable machine.

Nick
OK guys, I fixed the ad So you are able to read it now. Marty, back in 2001 I helped someone clean out their parents garage and it was wraped in brown paper along with 5 other weekly newspapers of the day. Turned out his father took out an ad in the papers and they sent the newspapers to him free of charge. They were all unopened and most of them looked like they just came off the press. I plan on getting a copy of the decal made to put in the exact spot this one was, It was mounted on the front of the hood.

D-17_Dave
Have you tried contacting theme to see if they are still in business? It's possible they might have an orriginal decal lying around. Nice find Nick. Theres always a treasure waiting for us if we just take the time to look.

JJ MARSHALL
quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Here is a pic of the dealership decal on my B210. GregC should know where this dealership was. I agree these make a tractor,Matt8D [img]/club2/attach/Killer_A-C/MVC-018F.JPG[/img]
that address is about 4 miles from me . they are no longer in buisness. JJ