Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pretty good year, can't complain

BrownA

When I think back on this year I must say it was a good year for the tractor stuff. 1st I went to approx. 10 different New England tractor shows. At the first I bought a Model W with attachments for parts ( Earlier this year I bought one of Ebay ). So between the two I will make one nice one. At another show I bought a B112 in need of repair ( blown BGB ). At another show I picked up a Johnny Bucket style bucket made to fit a rear hitch ( like a Brinly / or Simplicity ). Picked up the rear mount Simplicity Spring tooth harrow at another show ( It had been modified to fit another brand ) but thats no problem. Found a landscape rake ( Cub cadet brand ) at a good price in the Want Advertiser, I will change the hitch to fit a Simplicity. Well this isn't even the complete list. I worked hard between going to shows, reading Want Ad's, searching on Ebay etc. It certainly paid off with the attachments I picked up. It's nice to see hard work pay off considering I don't even live in a rea with a lot of tractors. I also made a good friend from this site who doesn't even live close. No complaints from me this year.

As we hone our scavengering skills it's nice to meet others along the way. Makes our trip worthwhile.lol Happy scavengeing next year.

Yep, I got to meet several more members at GOTO East, Colchester and on the road, Eli and I had a great road trip including touring the plant, and I added the 3112V and its attachments to the "collection" -- a very good year! Here's the topic on my 3112V when I unloaded it and "took inventory"... I'm still as happy with it as the day I brought it home. No "buyers remorse" on this one, which I guess is the best long-term measure of a deal.... http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34584

Kent, if you had any 'buyers remorse' over your 3112V we'd have to come up with a tractor shrink for you to see.;) That was a beautiful score.

Kent, I'm with Marty on this one. The only buyers remorse on that 3112 would be mine for not haveing a chance at it. I am very happy for you on it but I'd have jumped on that one whether I "needed it" or not. That was one sweet score!

Really? I bought my first one (landlord) less than a year ago, and two others since, and they're all sitting and rotting. Landlaord ran for maybe a total of 3 hours since I've owned it. I know these are old machines, but I don't have the time, patience or money to keep screwing around with them. I pulled my landlord out yesterday and drove up to the plow I got for it to get it all lined up. Got it on, started to drive back to the shed and it died. again. So I will be shoveling this storm. again, with my tractor with plow sitting where it died. Maybe it won't be there in the spring! I am going to try to fit the plow on my Murray so I can be done with it once and for all. I'm glad all of your experiences have been positive ones though.

Sorry to here your gotta revert to your Murray Jim. VERY few of us have scored an old tractor in the condition of Kents 3112V. If you don't have the time ,desire or dollars to get one of these in good mech. shape, which may cost several hundred dollars and a lot of time, then they are like any other 40 year old machine, not worth having laying around. Be tough to take it into a shop and have it returned to new condition, shop have to make a living and cover a lot of overhead, so most rebuilding has to be done at home.

I agree, Marty. My HB-216 started as a B-210 with worn-out variable speed and a good-running 1989 replacement Magnetron 10HP -- but cost $575 over six years ago, with 42" mower deck, 36" snowplower and 42" snow/dirt plow. I've spent hundreds of dollars on it, and a LOT of work to get it to "daily driver" status. The engine is now in my Big Ten (replaced by a newly rebuilt 16HP), which was built out of pieces also with a lot of work and some serious $$ for the seat, parts, etc... I got a good deal on the 3112V but I also spent a week and drove about 1300 miles to go get it (one way, shortest route, though my "tour" was closer to 4,000 miles once it was over)... I could've bought a new MTD or Craftsman for less money than I spent -- but I still think it was worth it, not counting my time.... But, these tractors, with their attachments, will likely still be going long after that new machine was long gone. I still have less money invested in all of them than a new Conquest or Prestige would cost -- or comparable machine -- especially when considering all the attachments that I have that interchange. Even with the condition of my tractors, I still try to keep at least two available at all times, since these are 35 - 40 year old machines that WILL require maintenance and repair -- at the time of Murphy's choosing, not mine....

Yep, it has been a very fine year, Got to meet quite a few club members. Lets see, Rokon2813, Wilm 169, Peppy Dan, Bunky, Mowerman1193, Mack, CarlH, Gary, Kent, Ely, UCD, Lady Ann, MelW, HubardRA, TomByrne, Nick, Ryan, Maxtorman1234, and a few others that I probably missed, sorry. Picked up an HB112, B112 and HB212 from Rokon. A 2110 from Ebay, resold it to a guy that had his MTD stolen, is he ever happy....:D 42" snowblower from Kent, 46" heavy blade from GOTO And many parts from Ebay.... All in all it has been a great, fun year. Got to spend more time with my son Jake playing with these tractors and met alot of really top notch people. Now isn't that what it is all about...^

Guess I'd have to say the highlight of my year was the fact that my tractors all worked hard for me on my one day a week home. Other then spark plug cleanning in the B-112 only maintence i did was oil changes and air filter cleanning. The gismo's I made last winter functioned good also. Did score a Garden Mark , 700 style, for 50 bucks but haven't done anything with it yet.

I did realy well this year to. In febuary wife was diagnosed with breat cancer.Youngest son got two drunk driving tickets,but you know what? my wife has a clean bill and son got a good lawyer[I didn't know there was such a thing].So you know what, it all is working out so I'm feelig realy blessed. It is true that the Lord works in some realy strange ways some times. You all have A very happy holiday.