Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Front Wheel Weights

PhanDad
Santa acquired these wheel weights from Comet66 and brought them to me for Christmas. Although they're intended for summer use to keep my GTH-L more stable on my hilly lawn, I had to see what they looked like mounted: [img]/club2/attach/Phandad/Frt_Wghts_001.jpg[/img] Thanks John.

Chris727
Nice weights PhanDad. A guy gave me a pair of those when I cleaned out his junkyard. I never mounted them but I think they were originaly rear wheights for an MTD, I think they also fit broadmoors. I probably should have used them when I had trouble steering with the moldboard plow.

lndscpr
I used my front weights on my 7114 with 42 inch blade for the first time yesterday in 6 inches of the white stuff. I was surprised with how much of a difference they made. i had very little front end slide. Was wondering if it helped the blade bite in a lttle better or if it was ideal conditions for the blade? I may do away with the snowblower now.