Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Wheel Weights

PhanDad

Santa acquired these wheel weights from Comet66 and brought them to me for Christmas. Although they're intended for summer use to keep my GTH-L more stable on my hilly lawn, I had to see what they looked like mounted: [img]/club2/attach/Phandad/Frt_Wghts_001.jpg[/img] Thanks John.

They keep the front planted to the ground for better steering in snow. I own three sets and have one set on ebay right now. Here is the item # 4346034331.

Nice weights PhanDad. A guy gave me a pair of those when I cleaned out his junkyard. I never mounted them but I think they were originaly rear wheights for an MTD, I think they also fit broadmoors. I probably should have used them when I had trouble steering with the moldboard plow.

• 2 weeks later...
I used my front weights on my 7114 with 42 inch blade for the first time yesterday in 6 inches of the white stuff. I was surprised with how much of a difference they made. i had very little front end slide. Was wondering if it helped the blade bite in a lttle better or if it was ideal conditions for the blade? I may do away with the snowblower now.