Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SnoBlowin' the Sam Magee Trail---daylite added

MPH

Since last time I posted pics of my walking trail we got too read the Ballard of Sam Magee I decided to name my trail after him. Had the blower out tonight finishing cleaning up the drive and I just couldn't resit hitting the trail. In the viewing window on the camera the pics looked better without the flash but after downloading them guess I was blurry eyed by the temp. Anyway, hope you enjoy. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.725.jpg[/img] 1st pass through the drift above I was clutching along, them 7 and 1/4 horses had more then they could deal with in 1st gear. This with the flash on [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.jpg[/img] with no flash I basicly got a white blurr, thought it would work the oppiste because of reflection [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.2.jpg[/img] Looking down the trail in headlights [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.trail.jpg[/img] 600 yds of fun Had about 2 inches of new snow over nite, so just hadda clean the driveway, plus dig out my table saw to build a set of stairs for a friend, so I made a couple trips around Sam Magee while I was at it in the daylight. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.tr.jpg[/img] Paused on the N.W. corner and turned off the blower for a clear shot of the 450 foot run of the west property line [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.tr1.jpg[/img] back too work [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.tr.2.jpg[/img] 725 sitting on the south line trail [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.725.re.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snowblowin.dl.725.fnt.jpg[/img] Kinda glad that guy I paid 2 grand an hour to talk too a few years ago told me I need to take a relaxing walk of a mile per day. I'm justified. :)

Great pics, thanks for posting them. And as I've asked before, how about sharing some of the snow? A friend outside of Houston Texas has had more snow than we've had here in Eastern PA. ATM, another "dusting" at best is in progress. And just send the snow, not the super low temperatures!

I'm tring Bill, send this last storm packin down the Alcan being pushed by the high presure that brought me -40, now I'm back up to -15. Dressed in Black lined carharts and bunny boots I can play at that temp, except for my fingures. gonna look at a possible solution for come monday when the local sno-go shop is open.

Great pictures Marty!! Amazing how in the stop action of the flash, you can see that the stream of snow is not really constant, but made up of scoops of snow actually shaped like the auger as it funnels it into the chute. That is cool. How did you happen to homestead in AK., follow the pipeline? You said once that you had pictures of your progress on the place, I for one would be interested in seeing them. Thanks again for sharing these great pics.

Jim, my rear tires are Goodyear 23x6x12's. Only got stuck once because I got off the trail while tring to keep the chute full looking through the camera view finder, but they backed me out. Haven't made much progress with that John, dug through a draw full of old photo envelops looking for more then whats in the one album I have and all I found was negatives, guess the pictures went south with the x. Reason I hitch hiked to Alaska in '75 was because I never been here before. Not really a 'true' homesteader as that freebee was over before my time and I bought the land I'm on from the state.

Nice pictures Marty! It seems you like your 725 more that the rest of your tractors. Looks like I better get working on the mine, but would like to put a bigger motor in it.

John, think I've stated before, if God told me I could only keep one tractor, it'd be my 725. The Landlord is pushing hard though and once I get the B-112 back in shape I'd rather blow snow with it. More horses and variable speed control lloyd, I like the tri-ribs a lot. Better then the sno-hogs I tried last year.