Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

  • Announcements

    • Kent

      Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

      If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

      Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

      See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Gary

Electric Lift Problem!

Recommended Posts

Gary
I've searched the Forums to no avail...so here's the problem. The electric lift on my 710 AC, works fine in my heated garage. After being out in the elements for 30 minutes, the lift starts getting sluggish. After about an hour, it will barely move:( After sitting in the garage for an hour or so, it will work fine again:D It seems to possibly be a moisture issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If I remove and disassemble the lift, what cleaning and lubricating procedure should I use? Is there an illustration anywhere, of the disassembly/reassembly of this unit? My electric lift has the screws at the base of the tube. Thanks for any help;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MPH
Gary, since you guys been pushing the zero mark around there, its most likely old stiff grease. I'd clean it out and relube it with a syn grease equal to whaqt the books call for. If you don't, your gonna burn or twist something more major. I've yet to mess with an electric lift so I have no fiorst hand advise on what it needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary
Thanks for the help:) I disassembled the electric lift. The grease on the screw was pretty good, but I cleaned it good and lubed it with some white lithium all temp grease from NAPA. The gear end had hard grease in it. I scraped it clean and wiped it out with solvent, the lubed it with the white lithium grease. The gasket was hard and broken, so I made a new one with 1/16" gasket material (NAPA). Put the lift back on, and it cycled fine:) Sitting beside the tractor, I noticed a regulator wire appeared loose. Closer inspection revealed that the regulator terminal had been fried:( The local hardware sells Dixon mowers, so I went there first, on a hunch (he has a lot of parts). BINGO^ He had a regulator for the Kohler 15 AMP system. It's smaller than the original, and it's a Blue-Streak, but it was only $45.00. Most importantly, it's working:D Again...Thanks:D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×