Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Lift Problem!

Gary

I've searched the Forums to no avail...so here's the problem. The electric lift on my 710 AC, works fine in my heated garage. After being out in the elements for 30 minutes, the lift starts getting sluggish. After about an hour, it will barely move:( After sitting in the garage for an hour or so, it will work fine again:D It seems to possibly be a moisture issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If I remove and disassemble the lift, what cleaning and lubricating procedure should I use? Is there an illustration anywhere, of the disassembly/reassembly of this unit? My electric lift has the screws at the base of the tube. Thanks for any help;)

It may have old hardened grease on the screw. I would clean it and re-lube. I am not sure what grease you should use. I've never had an electric lift myself.

Gary, since you guys been pushing the zero mark around there, its most likely old stiff grease. I'd clean it out and relube it with a syn grease equal to whaqt the books call for. If you don't, your gonna burn or twist something more major. I've yet to mess with an electric lift so I have no fiorst hand advise on what it needs.

Thanks for the help:) I disassembled the electric lift. The grease on the screw was pretty good, but I cleaned it good and lubed it with some white lithium all temp grease from NAPA. The gear end had hard grease in it. I scraped it clean and wiped it out with solvent, the lubed it with the white lithium grease. The gasket was hard and broken, so I made a new one with 1/16" gasket material (NAPA). Put the lift back on, and it cycled fine:) Sitting beside the tractor, I noticed a regulator wire appeared loose. Closer inspection revealed that the regulator terminal had been fried:( The local hardware sells Dixon mowers, so I went there first, on a hunch (he has a lot of parts). BINGO^ He had a regulator for the Kohler 15 AMP system. It's smaller than the original, and it's a Blue-Streak, but it was only $45.00. Most importantly, it's working:D Again...Thanks:D:D